CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Update

Hello everyone. Hope a great weekend was had by all. I spent Saturday with a few work friends on Smith Lake. Jane, a long-time United Way employee and the person who hired me here at United Way, and her husband, Brian, have a beautiful lot on the lake. They plan to retire there and build a full-time residence. In the meantime, they have made a place I like to call "The Smith Lake Swiss-Family Robinson" lot. They already have their decks built and they are so natural you hardly notice them from the lakeside. Then underneath overhanging rocks they've build storage areas and yes even a potty place :) There's electricity, water, boat, sea-do and anything else you can think of for a great day at the lake. We had a blast. I tried to ski but only was able to stand up once and had a tough time balancing. It's only been about 20 years since I skiid last. Needless to say - today - I'm a little sore. Thanks Jane for a great, relaxing day.

0 comments: